- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- In the “room” where it happens
- All Events
Learn how to ace the interview, master LinkedIn connections, reconstruct your resume, and more
Work on important elements of your professional identity in the Hub’s small-group coaching workshops—from writing a resume to acing the interview.
These sessions cover a wide range of topics and take place throughout October and November.
Workshop themes, dates, and times are listed below. These are open to LSA undergrads who RSVP, as space is limited. (Click on the workshop title to see more or reserve your spot.) And, since they often take happen over lunch or dinner, there’s always free pizza or snacks.
Questions or comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 18: 4:30–5:30 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Have a LinkedIn profile and want to learn how to maximize your use of the platform? Find out how to navigate LinkedIn to expand your network and connect with UM alumni!
Searching for Global Opportunities
October 19: 3–4 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Is interning abroad right for you? Master the search process for international opportunities and learn about the Hub Internship Program.
Grad School Primer
October 22: 4:30–6 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Learn about graduate school options and what to know before you start your search.
Reconstructing Your Resume
October 25: Noon to 1 p.m. (LSA 2001)
How do you best fit who you are and what you’re capable of into one page? Join the LSA Opportunity Hub to dive into the stages of crafting a resume tailored to the opportunities you’re interested in!
Crafting a Cover Letter
October 29: 4:30–6 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Do cover letters have you at a loss for words? Not sure where to start? Come work alongside peers and Hub coaches to practice a step-by-step process for writing compelling cover letters. Participants are encouraged to identify a job description of interest before the workshop and are invited to bring copies of previous or drafted letters.
Networking 101: Building Your Network
November 7: 5:30–6:30 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Networking can sound like a less than desirable activity; the Hub coaching team will talk you through how to make it feel right for you. Learn how to tap into networks you already have, introduce yourself professionally, and build authentic connections that last.
Global Internship Prep
November 9: 4–5 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Is interning abroad right for you? Learn how to navigate the search process, and discover opportunities available exclusively for LSA students through the Hub’s Internship Program.
Ace Your Interview
November 14: 4–5 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Discover how to communicate with confidence during an interview, learning what to expect and how to prepare for each stage of the process. Then practice answering common interview questions with coaches and peers.
Hub Lab: the Internship Search
November 19: 3:30–5:30 p.m. (LSA 2001)
Work with a Hub coach on your internship search, whether it’s figuring out where to begin looking, how to keep the momentum going, or how to improve your process.
Interview Prep Drop-Ins
November 26–29: 9–11:45 a.m. (LSA 2113)
Work with a Hub coach, who’ll share methods and prep for acing an interview: how to prepare, how to stand out, and how to follow up.