- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- Three science alums, three very different career journeys
- Career fairs: an opportunity to explore, connect, and practice
- What is ‘career exploration’—and why does it matter?
- Three alums, three identities, three incredibly diverse career paths
- Internships: A way to trying on different careers for size
- An inside look into career coaching
- Where will your LSA degree take you?
- Waste not, want not
- 2022 LSA Internship Fair
- Making career choices with a little help from your LSA friends
- "Be your own advocate"
- 2022 Grad School Fair
- Take the pressure off
- Unlocking your next internship opportunity
- The Grad School Question
- How to Get Hired
- Navigating the unexpected
- Putting your LSA degree to work
- Networking: The key that unlocks career opportunities and mentoring support
- Dispelling common career myths
- Part Two: Dispelling common career myths
- Signing off
- All Events
Searching for a summer internship? We’re here to help you find opportunities.
Through the LSA Opportunity Network, you can instantly explore more than 40+ internship positions set to begin this summer. Filter your search by industry, compensation, timeline, and location to narrow down the internship opportunities that most interest you.
Best of all? You can trust the opportunities you’re seeing. All of the employers with internships posted on the LSA Opportunity Network are Hub-approved.
But the sooner you explore, the better—most of these applications close Wednesday, March 23. Keep reading to learn more about some of the specific internship opportunities that are only a click away.
Want to put your communications skills to the test? Check out organizations looking for interns with skills or experience in journalism, event planning, marketing, or social media at organizations like GrieveWell in Ann Arbor; Star Events and Step It Up with Steph in Chicago; and Forbes House Museum in Milton, Massachusetts. Also, explore the Social Media Intern position with the Detroit Writing Room, a writer's haven in downtown Detroit founded by LSA grad Stephanie Steinberg.
Are you a pre-professional student looking for hands-on work experience? For students interested in medicine, Rush Orthopedic Surgery is looking for a student curious about clinical research and orthopedic surgery and who is eager and willing to learn from peers, patients, and supervisors. For students thinking about law school, check out law internships with Ice Miller in New York City, or Roark Capital in Atlanta, Georgia. Both of these internships also offer financial compensation.
Have a heart for non-profit work? In Detroit, check out the Center for Success for open positions in data analysis, programming, grants and development, and social responsibility. Also, Brilliant Detroit is currently searching for an intern to support outreach. Virtual and hybrid opportunities with nonprofits include Local Circles (Program Intern), Inside Out Literary Arts (Fundraising & Event Intern), Story Shifters (Communications Intern), and the Downtown Boxing Gym (Development Intern).
Curious about the arts and want to impact change in Detroit? The Detroit Sound Conservatory and the Chamberlain Art Project are looking for interns to support their collections, offering students an opportunity to gain visceral experience in a museum setting. Also check out the Flint Institute of Arts, whose Curatorial Intern position offers students invaluable experience handling and curating unique art pieces.
If a paid internship is a must: Check out journalism and marketing positions with The Detroit News in downtown Detroit, a hybrid opportunity at Crain’s Detroit Business, and obVus Solutions, located in Los Angeles, California. Other paid positions include working as a programming intern with the nonprofit Local Circles in Detroit, or the law firms Ice Miller (NYC), and Roark Capital (Atlanta).
Need a fully 100% virtual internship? If you’re looking to intern remotely this summer, try the Poetics Lab and Lumen Arts Project, both organizations looking for communications interns with strong media, outreach, and marketing skills. Also, check out the communications and development intern position open with the non-profit Story Shifters, focused on using a “collection of culturally relevant children's literature to expand children's understanding of their capacity and value and that of others in their community.” Finally, explore opportunities in medicine virtually with Rush Orthopedic Surgery, where you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with Dr. Nikhil Verma—director of the division of sports medicine and of the sports medicine fellowship program—and Rush surgical residents.
Explore all of the Hub’s internships this summer on the LSA Opportunity Network, and discover the summer opportunity that’s right for you.
Looking for support for the internship hunt? Check out some of the Hub’s resources:
Meet your Hub coach. They’ll be an advocate and support system for all things professional development and help you navigate this internship season. Meet one-on-one with your coach through 25-minute drop-in sessions, or book a 45-minute appointment. Click here to learn more.
Explore our Canvas resources. Click here to add our Canvas module to your home page and get instant, 24/7 access to a world of resources designed to provide instruction on how to refine a resume and a LinkedIn profile; prepare for interviews; and find internship funding.
Attend a Hub workshop. Want help finding an internship? Need to learn more about budgeting and funding for internships? Or are you curious about navigating social identity in the workplace? Check out the Hub’s monthly workshops and get instruction from Hub coaches in a small group environment, where you can get all your questions answered. Learn more on our Hub Happenings page.