- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Navigating "No"
- How to Handle Internship Rejection
- Making Meaningful Connections
- Finding Career Clarity
- Unveiling the Hub's Brand New Home
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- CANCELLED: Industry Insiders on Mar. 13
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Virtual Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Sign up for June's coach-led workshops
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- Three science alums, three very different career journeys
- Career fairs: an opportunity to explore, connect, and practice
- What is ‘career exploration’—and why does it matter?
- Three alums, three identities, three incredibly diverse career paths
- Internships: A way to trying on different careers for size
- An inside look into career coaching
- Where will your LSA degree take you?
- Waste not, want not
- 2022 LSA Internship Fair
- Making career choices with a little help from your LSA friends
- "Be your own advocate"
- 2022 Grad School Fair
- Take the pressure off
- Unlocking your next internship opportunity
- The Grad School Question
- How to Get Hired
- Navigating the unexpected
- Putting your LSA degree to work
- Networking: The key that unlocks career opportunities and mentoring support
- Dispelling common career myths
- Part Two: Dispelling common career myths
- To all summer interns
- Signing off
- What is Social Capital?
- 5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Undergraduate Career
- 4 Ways to Look After Your Mental Health as a Student
- So, you’re considering a virtual internship?
- Navigating Internship Rejection
- LSA Opportunity Hub Offers Free Professional Headshots For U-M LSA Students
- The 2023 LSA Internship Fair: Employers hiring winter and summer interns
- Reflections From a Recent BIPOC Grad Student Roundtable
- 3 Ways LSA Connect Will Help Launch Your Career
- All Events
Due to our commitment to ensuring the safety of our students, broader U-M Community and attending graduate school representatives, the LSA Opportunity Hub has decided to cancel Friday's Industry Insiders.
Explore all facets of human resources, talent management, and organizational culture — from executive search, training and development, consulting, diversity and inclusion, and beyond—during Industry Insiders: Human Resources, People, and Organizational Culture on Friday, March 13.
Industry Insiders offers a fresh take on professional development events: students with little or no previous experience are welcome and there are no wrong questions.
Michigan LSA alums who are making strides or leading in their industries will be there to help students explore the field and better understand whether a particular career path is right for them.
This is a non-recruiting, exploratory event.
When is Industry Insiders?
Friday, March 13 from 3 to 5:30 p.m. on the tenth floor of Weiser Hall.
What companies are participating?
You’ll meet leaders from different facets of the industry including:
- The Chief of Staff for Congresswoman Terri Sewell
- Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at Jackson National Life
- Co-founder and Partner at Grindstone Recruiting LLC
- Director of HR for Amazon Web Services at Amazon
- Vice President of Talent Management at U.S. Bank.
- A University Recruiter at Zendesk
- Sr. HR Business Partner for Selling Partner Services at Amazon
- Senior People Development Association at Uber Freight
What is the event like?
The format is casual; alumni introduce themselves, then students break out into small-groups with each alum for conversation. Every time the bell rings, students switch tables to talk to a new alum, making connections and gaining more clarity about their interests.
Who is eligible?
All LSA students, even if you have little to no previous experience within the field of Human Resources.
Why should you apply?
To get a taste of what a career in Human Resouces is actually like, and to make connections with alums in an industry you’re interested in.
How do I apply?
It’s easy! APPLY HERE by March 1st!