Explore all facets of human resources, talent management, and organizational culture — from executive search, training and development, consulting, diversity and inclusion, and beyond—during Industry Insiders: Human Resources, People, and Organizational Culture on Friday, March 13.
Industry Insiders offers a fresh take on professional development events: students with little or no previous experience are welcome and there are no wrong questions.
Michigan LSA alums who are making strides or leading in their industries will be there to help students explore the field and better understand whether a particular career path is right for them.
This is a non-recruiting, exploratory event.
When is Industry Insiders?
Friday, March 13 from 3 to 5:30 p.m. on the tenth floor of Weiser Hall.
What companies are participating?
You’ll meet leaders from different facets of the industry including:
- The Chief of Staff for Congresswoman Terri Sewell
- Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at Jackson National Life
- Co-founder and Partner at Grindstone Recruiting LLC
- Director of HR for Amazon Web Services at Amazon
- Vice President of Talent Management at U.S. Bank.
- A University Recruiter at Zendesk
- Sr. HR Business Partner for Selling Partner Services at Amazon
- Senior People Development Association at Uber Freight
What is the event like?
The format is casual; alumni introduce themselves, then students break out into small-groups with each alum for conversation. Every time the bell rings, students switch tables to talk to a new alum, making connections and gaining more clarity about their interests.
Who is eligible?
All LSA students, even if you have little to no previous experience within the field of Human Resources.
Why should you apply?
To get a taste of what a career in Human Resouces is actually like, and to make connections with alums in an industry you’re interested in.
How do I apply?
It’s easy! APPLY HERE by March 1st!