- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- All Events
With the unprecedented times we find ourselves in, it's tough making decisions about your future. Questions like, "Will there be jobs waiting for me after I graduate?", and "Should I pursue post-graduate education to develop expertise in a certain field?" are common yet so important when it comes to actively taking next steps with your career. Which is why we've turned to the experts—join us for the month of August as we focus on exploring careers in government consulting with Deloitte, effective interviewing with Amazon, and the realities of political advocacy in today's virtual age with PIRGIM.
These sessions will run virtually and are open to all LSA undergrads who RSVP, but space is limited. RSVP early to avoid the waitlist. Click on the panel title below to learn more or reserve your spot.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
August's Employer Connections
August 20: 4:00-5:00 p.m. | Explore careers in Government & Public Services Consulting with Deloitte
The issues that the federal government faces today are becoming exceedingly more complex, whether it’s cybersecurity, financial sustainability, or healthcare reform. Which is why federal agencies partner with consulting firms like Deloitte for revolutionary, turnkey solutions that can help them problem-solve. Join Deloitte’s Government and Public Services group to envision a deeply creative and analytical career in the public sector consulting and connect with emerging and established professionals to explore the paths they carved out from Michigan to Deloitte!
August 24: 12:00-1:15 p.m. | Connect with Amazon about Acing the Interview
Join Amazon for a primer on successfully preparing for and acing a job interview. Together with Amazon’s Operations Recruiting team, you’ll get an insider’s perspective on distinguishing yourself in a competitive interview process. If you’re actively seeking internship or job opportunities, make valuable connections with Amazon reps responsible for hiring-in university talent, such as yourself.
August 25: 4:00-5:15 p.m. | Exploring careers in Political Advocacy in a virtual age
The Public Interest Research Group in Michigan (PIRGIM) is a non-profit that serves to address the social, economical, and political needs of the public. Whether its threats to consumers, the environment, health & safety, or even the financial security of ordinary citizens, PIRGIM uses grassroots organizing, advocacy and litigation, investigative research, and media exposés to drive change. Join the PIRGIM team as they walk through the day in the life of a political advocacy organization. They’ll also address potential solutions to the unprecedented challenges voters face with the Fall’s upcoming federal virtual election.