- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- All Events
All successful working people have, at one point, lacked the experience to enter their profession and needed an opportunity to learn new skills and prove their abilities.
One of the most significant contributions you can make to an LSA students’ ability to fulfill their career aspirations is to provide them opportunities to gain work experience. Providing those initial work experiences leaves an enduring impact on their professional trajectory. Therefore, hosting a virtual internship this year is one of the most accessible ways to do that.
The LSA Opportunity Hub works with alums and employers around the world to create virtual internship positions at their organizations, from small nonprofits just getting off the ground to large corporate entities. Students contribute as social media content creators, researchers, web developers, marketing writers, and more.
How can you work with the Hub to create an opportunity for a U-M LSA student while also benefiting your organization? Start today by sharing your interest with us at email@example.com—we’ll follow up and connect you to one of our dedicated alum and employer engagement professionals.
Hub staff are here to help you with the logistics of hosting an LSA student for a remote internship. Additionally, the College of LSA provides funding opportunities to students interning remotely that can help reduce financial barriers and make internships possible for all students.
Whether or not you have prior experience hiring interns, hosting a virtual internship is unchartered territory for many companies and organizations. As a result, the Hub has developed helpful resources, such as our Employer’s Guide to Hosting a Virtual Internship, that provides insights and tips for creating an impactful internship experience for an LSA student. An example of an actionable tip includes structuring your remote internship to be project-based so that students are actively engaged and have pre-outlined work that can carry them through the duration of their internship.
As always, the Hub is here to support you through the process.