- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- All Events
Nobody understands the LSA student experience better than, well…an LSA student!
Which is why the LSA Opportunity Hub established their very own Student Advisory Team: an opportunity for students to gain leader experience plus career and professional development support. The Student Advisory Team also serves as advisors by providing input, insight, and feedback that helps the Hub determine the kind of programs, events, and resources we provide to over 18,000 LSA students. It’s similar to the way a company’s board of directors operate; the opinions you provide are the bedrock for the career initiatives we roll out to the entire college.
SAT members don’t just work behind the scenes; they also play a vital role as ambassadors, representing the Hub across the college and University by reaching out to students who may be seeking career support.
Being a SAT member also comes with other perks — exclusive access to opportunities to connect with LSA alums and employer partners is one benefit. SAT students get priority access to RSVP for these LSA-exclusive events, including a past Alumni Connection session with Jeffrey Seller, the producer of the award-winning Broadway hit, Hamilton.
Another perk is a chance to find community among other LSA students and Hub coaches who provide professional career coaching. And, if that wasn’t enough, each SAT Ambassador gets a trove of Hub gear such as t-shirts, water bottles, hats, attachable phone wallets, and more.
Student involvement is paramount at the LSA Opportunity Hub so SAT members are expected to participate in a monthly meeting with SAT Staff and commit to 2-3 virtual/in person activities per month.
Each activity awards students with points; the more points gained, the more secure your position is as part of SAT. However, we know that every student has different interests, so you can pick and choose what activities peak your interest. Past opportunities include focus groups to help improve the Hub’s communication strategy, flyering on the Diag for the Hub, online surveys for newly launched Hub tools, social media promotion of Hub events, and so much more.
Don’t just take our word for it. Since its inception, LSA students have used the SAT program to grow and develop as student leaders across campus:
Applications are now closed. If you missed the application deadline but are still interested in becoming a member of SAT, please complete our Interest Form.
Students who will remain enrolled in LSA through the upcoming school year (Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 semesters are eligible to apply. Selected students will be notified by Friday, May 1 if they have been selected to join the SAT Ambassador team.
Questions? Interested students can email me firstname.lastname@example.org.