- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- All Events
Alumni Connections bring alumni and students together for career conversations that are authentic and personal — even when students are away from campus. We’ve hosted virtual sessions for a while now, facilitating student conversations with LSA alums across the continental US and the broader world in destinations like L.A., London, and Madrid. The value of virtual Alumni Connections is that you can log in from wherever you’re based.
These sessions are designed to give students a place to explore their interests and get first-hand knowledge directly from professionals in the working world. The conversations typically circulate around these themes:
- How did your liberal arts degree support your career growth?
- What opportunities did you leverage during your time as an LSA student or early on in your career that made a long-term impact?
- What are all the career possibilities out there for my major?How did you pivot into different roles and industries?
- How do I break into a specific industry, or learn how to make connections with professionals in that field?
- How do I find and secure real career opportunities?
Find out below who we’ve lined up for the last two Alumni Connections of the school year and RSVP below in the LSA Opportunity Network to receive an email with details on how to join the conversation virtually.
April Virtual Alumni Connections
H&M Senior Business Controller, Elliot Faulk
Thursday, April 2 | 11 a.m.— 12 P.M. | RSVP
For recent LSA grad Elliot Faulk, breaking into the world of international commercial business was just one of the things he was certain about upon graduating with an International Studies major. After landing a job with Macy’s NYC corporate office in international product sourcing, Elliot switched gears and moved to Stockholm, Sweden to work with international retail giant, H&M, on their business operations.
Tune in to learn the realities of relocating and working abroad; the ins and outs of product development and business planning in the global retail industry; and how the retail world is constantly evolving.
Founder and Managing Partner of Oak Moon Consulting and Venture Capitalist, Brian Laliberte
Friday, April 3 | 12:30 a.m.— 1:30 p.m.| RSVP
LSA alum are consistently putting their ingenuity to work; after two decades as a trial lawyer and litigator, Brian Laliberte decided to establish his own consultant group, Oak Moon Consulting, to help businesses navigate volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous economic circumstances. He also is the founder and managing partner of Oak Moon Ventures, which provides seed funding to early stage technology companies.
Brian is eager to speak with students on how they can best use their LSA degrees to pivot to different roles and industries throughout their career; how he leveraged his legal expertise in his current leadership roles; and how his academic interests in political science and communications and media set a foundation for his career choices.