- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- Three science alums, three very different career journeys
- Career fairs: an opportunity to explore, connect, and practice
- What is ‘career exploration’—and why does it matter?
- Three alums, three identities, three incredibly diverse career paths
- Internships: A way to trying on different careers for size
- An inside look into career coaching
- Where will your LSA degree take you?
- Waste not, want not
- 2022 LSA Internship Fair
- Making career choices with a little help from your LSA friends
- "Be your own advocate"
- 2022 Grad School Fair
- Take the pressure off
- Unlocking your next internship opportunity
- The Grad School Question
- How to Get Hired
- Navigating the unexpected
- Putting your LSA degree to work
- Networking: The key that unlocks career opportunities and mentoring support
- Dispelling common career myths
- Part Two: Dispelling common career myths
- Signing off
- All Events
With the support of our seasoned Hub coaches and carefully crafted resources, students attending these professional workshops get to focus on career preparedness and skill-building.
These June sessions will run virtually and are open to all LSA undergrads who RSVP, but space is limited. RSVP early to avoid the waitlist. Click on the workshop title below to learn more or reserve your spot.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
June's coach-led workshops
June 4: 3:00-4:00 p.m. | The Hub Presents: What Does Virtual Professionalism Look Like? (RSVP closed)
COVID-19, amongst many things, has changed the way we work and engage in the workplace. This webinar will highlight best practices for working remotely including insights and advice on time management and setting up productive workspaces at home.
June 9: 3:00-3:45 p.m. | Make an Impact: Intern remotely for the Virtual Student Federal Service Program (RSVP closed due to full capacity)
The U.S. government’s Virtual Student Federal Service (VSFS) program provides students with the chance to make a real impact on government work, while also gaining vital job experience and connections with federal employees. This webinar will equip you with key resources including an onboarding on what working at VSFS entails and tips on how to apply.
June 10: 3:00-4:00 p.m. | Expanding Your Network Virtually (RSVP closed)
If you're a liberal arts and/or sciences student looking to connect virtually with professionals that align with your academic interests and career goals, then this workshop is for you! Learn how to tap into networks you already have, introduce yourself professionally, and build authentic connections that last -- all in a virtual setting.
June 17: 3:00-4:00 p.m. | Building Your LinkedIn Profile (RSVP NOW)
This virtual workshop will introduce how to expand your online footprint with LinkedIn by creating a profile that represents your professional identity, communicates your career goals, and highlights your experience, accomplishments, and education.
June 24 : 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Your Questions Answered: Virtual Employer Panel (RSVP NOW)
As a student, how can you effectively use this summer to continue to advance your professional plans? At this virtual employer panel, connect with employer representatives from Quicken Loans, Teach for America, and City Year, who are actively involved in hiring across various organizations and fields. This is an opportune moment to pose questions like: How can I distinguish myself from other applicants and stand out? What can I do to move forward with the job search and application process during this unchartered time when many companies and businesses are facing difficulties? How do you recommend I introduce myself to company representatives like you online?