- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- Three science alums, three very different career journeys
- Career fairs: an opportunity to explore, connect, and practice
- All Events
Dear LSA student,
Whether you are back on campus or connecting virtually to your classes from home, I want to wish you the best for the Fall 2020 semester!
If you haven’t engaged with the LSA Opportunity Hub before, now is a good time to consider connecting with us. We’ve transitioned our services and offerings into a virtual format and will continue to serve you virtually for the 20-2021 academic year. And— we’re expanding our virtual opportunities so you can get the most out of your out-of-the-classroom learning experience.
Join LSA Connect — By joining LSA’s first-ever student-alum networking platform, you will get unprecedented access to a global network of alums eager to share their time, knowledge, and passion with LSA students like yourself.
Participate in Alum Connections — These are live, Q&A sessions led by accomplished LSA’s alums who share their unique career stories and advice with LSA students through conversations that are authentic and personal. This summer we hosted 65 alums with over 1200 students registered. More of these sessions will be posted throughout the Fall so check the LSA Opportunity Network to sign up.
Sign up for Employer Connections — Meet with our employer partners who share insider tips with LSA students seeking internship and job opportunities. Recent Employer Connections featured Amazon, Google, and Deloitte. More of these sessions will be posted throughout the Fall so check back on the LSA Opportunity Network to sign up.
Explore our internship opportunities — Social media, finance, operations, and more—apply for Fall 2020’s virtual internship positions that are posted on the LSA Opportunity Network as a way to explore potential career possibilities.
Meet with a career coach — Whether it’s 25-minute drop-in coaching sessions or 45-minute coaching appointments, one-on-one coaching is an intentional step towards making meaningful progress on your professional goals.
Attend our career-building workshops — Our workshops are designed to work with you in building career skills like networking, drafting job and grad school application materials, interviewing, and so much more.
Take an Applied Liberal Arts course — This trio of applicable and interactive mini-courses are designed to support you on prioritizing your post-graduate goals and strategically plan on how to use your LSA degree to achieve those goals.
Check out helpful guides & resources — These tools provide tried-and-true strategies and quick tips like conducting informational interviews, pitching potential employers on creating a virtual internship opportunity, and developing your online professional profile through LinkedIn.
I encourage you to pay close attention to these weekly Hub Happenings newsletters to familiarize yourself with newly added opportunities and announcements.
On behalf of the LSA Opportunity Hub, I wish you the best on your personal, academic, and professional endeavors this year.
LSA Assistant Dean of Student Development and Career Initiatives