- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- How to (net)work your way into a new career opportunity
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- More than just students: setting the Hub up for success
- In the “room” where it happens
- Applied Liberal Arts courses at the Hub
- Leveraging your LSA alum network as a recent graduate
- The road to discovery: An LSA alum looks back on how she found fulfillment in an unlikely place
- All Events
The LSA Opportunity Hub is hosting eight networking events in cities across America this summer, exclusively for LSA students and alums.
Meet the people conquering the career path you hope to be on, and learn from them.
There is no cost associated with these events, however you must be in the area or able to provide your own transportation and lodging.
Applying is easy! Simply submit a PDF with your answers to three simple prompts by Sunday, June 2 at midnight. The links to apply are in the listings below; those who can't access the links (like transfer students and recent grads) are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
These events are open to:
- All current LSA undergraduate students
- Recently graduated LSA alums (completed degrees in December 2018 or May 2019)
- Students transferring into LSA in fall 2019
Art and Museums
Chicago | June 25
Network with alumni conquering the world of art and museums in the Chicago area. Explore and apply.
Chicago | June 26
Alumni excelling in different roles across the finance industry will convene in Chicago to meet with current students to discuss pathways and give advice. Explore and apply.
New York | July 9
Alum Lindsay Cooperman Kaufman (LSA '03) will host movers and shakers in the fashion industry. Students are welcome to bring any and all industry-related career questions! Explore and apply.
New York | July 10
Alumni working for major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal will gather to meet with students to discuss careers in journalism. Explore and apply.
San Francisco | July 17
Connect with alumni in leading roles at the industry's major companies. Explore and apply.
Film, TV, & Media
Los Angeles | July 18
Meet and get advice from alumni working in the film, TV, and media industry. Explore and apply.