RC Virtual Parents & Families Orientation
Welcome to the RC, parents and families of new RC students! We are excited to have your student join our vibrant community of scholars, artists, activists, scientists - everything under the sun - encompassing our 800+ current students, 70 faculty, 10 staff, and nearly 7,000 alumni all around the globe.
We hope you and your loved ones are making safe passage through this pandemic. COVID-19 has changed everything at the University of Michigan this past year and in lieu of being able to visit with you this summer in person at an orientation session, we hope to engage with you online.
We hope you'll watch this short video with our director, Catherine Badgley, and associate directors, Laura Thomas and Stephen Ward. It'll give you a good sense for the spirit of the Residential College, and answer several frequently asked questions.
We are holding several Virtual Open Houses throughout the summer to meet you and answer your questions about the Residential College. Signups are first-come, first-served. Check back in May for the list of 2022 dates and times!
Want to learn more about the RC?
- 10 Reasons to Join the RC (in case you didn't know some of the benefits your student will get!)
- 9 Myths about the Residential College and the truths behind them
- RC Intros YouTube videos with panels of RC students, faculty, and alumni
- What RC alumni are saying about why they love the RC
- RC Student Blog featuring students and their experiences learning foreign languages and finding their community in the RC and throughout campus
- The RC Podcast featuring RC faculty, students, alumni, and staff
- Curriculum offerings such as music, community-engaged learning, and some of our past courses
- The RC Virtual Graduation in May 2021, to get an idea of the community within the RC