- COVID-19 Updates and Policy Changes
- General Information for Incoming RC Students
- Information for Parents and Families
- Fall 2021 RC Courses
- RC Academic Services
- RC Academic Standards
- Curriculum and Programs
- Transfer Students
- RC Student Life
- Campus Resources
- Internship Opportunities
- RC Graduation 2020
- RC Graduation 2021
- RC Comments and Suggestions Drop Box
RC Virtual Parents & Families Orientation
Welcome to the RC, parents and families of new RC students! We are excited to have your student join our vibrant community of scholars, artists, activists, scientists - everything under the sun - encompassing our 800+ current students, 70 faculty, 10 staff, and nearly 7,000 alumni all around the globe.
We hope you and your loved ones are making safe passage through this pandemic. COVID-19 has changed everything at the University of Michigan this past year and in lieu of being able to visit with you this summer in person at an orientation session, we hope to engage with you online.
We hope you'll watch this short video with our director, Catherine Badgley, and associate directors, Laura Thomas and Stephen Ward. It'll give you a good sense for the spirit of the Residential College, and answer several frequently asked questions.
We are holding several drop-in sessions throughout the summer to meet you and answer your questions about the Residential College. Signups are first-come, first-served.
- June 24, 4pm ET
- July 7, 7pm ET
- July 22, 12 noon ET
- August 5, 4pm ET
- August 18, 8pm ET
We also highly recommend that you take a look at the information at these links:
- 10 Reasons to Join the RC (in case you didn't know some of the benefits your student will get!)
- 9 Myths about the Residential College and the truths behind them
- RC Intros YouTube videos with panels of RC students, faculty, and alumni
- What RC alumni are saying about why they love the RC
- RC Student Blog about what students eat, learning foreign languages, and finding their community in the RC and throughout campus
- The RC Podcast featuring RC faculty, students, alumni, and staff
- Curriculum offerings such as music, community-engaged learning, and all of our winter 2021 courses
- The RC Virtual Graduation in May 2021, to get a flavor for the community within the RC