Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Campus Resources

Student Opportunities

The Wallenberg Fellowship is sinprired by U-M Alumnus Raoul Wallenberg and is  awarded each year to a graduating senior of exceptional promise and accomplishment who is committed to service and the public good. The fellowship provides $25,000 to carry out an independent project of learning or exploration anywhere in the world during the year after graduation.

This fellowship is open to all U-M graduating seniors; US citizenship is not required. Applicants should propose projects that are immersive and feasible. Projects should break new ground, not be the continuation of an existing project or revisit a location where the applicant has already spent extensive time.

Proposals for the Wallenberg Fellowship are due to U-M contacts in each school/college by December 1st.  Each U-M school/college may nominate up to two projects to the Provost’s office.

The Office of National Scholarships and Fellowships  is a new U-M office created to centralize the recruitment and preparation of candidates for opportunities such as the Rhodes, Gates Cambridge, Truman, Goldwater Scholarships, and many more. ONSF is physically and administratively located within the LSA Honors Program, but is a service to students throughout the University. (Not just Honors and not just LSA.) In fact, a key part of our mission is to ensure that information about national scholarships and fellowships is distributed broadly to all eligible students in all the U-M schools and colleges.

The Career Center can assist in choosing a major, career options, job/internship search strategies, interviewing, applying to graduate and professional schools, and résumé writing.

CGIS provides a wide variety of global engagement and learning opportunities to the University of Michigan community.

The Office of Financial Aid can help with information about the cost of attendance, applying for and receiving aid, scholarships & loan information, financial planning guides, credit card tips, and work-study employment.

Services for Students with Disabilities ensures that students with visual impairments, learning disabilities, mobility impairments, hearing impairments, chronic health problems and psychological disabilities enjoy a complete range of academic and non-academic opportunities.  Services are free of charge.

Are you planning to study abroad but anticipate some difficulties because of a disability? Abroad With Disabilities is a division of the Service for Students with Disabilities and can help you sort it out. 

The Admissions Office for Transfer Students provides information on Michigan academics, tuition and financial aid and student life for students transferring to UM.

The Spectrum Center provides resources for LGBTQ+ students.

The Student Ombuds Office is a place where student questions, complaints and concerns about the functioning of the University can be discussed confidentially in a safe environment. The Office offers informal dispute resolution services, provides resources and referrals, and helps students consider options available to them. The Office operates independently as a supplement to existing administrative and formal dispute resolution processes and has no formal decision–making authority. The Office is not an advocate for either side in a dispute. Instead, the Ombuds Office is an impartial advocate for fair and consistent treatment. The Office reports administratively to the Vice President for Student Life.

Understand standards of Academic Integrity in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts and in the Residential College, and know your rights.

Student Legal Services is a division of Student Life, and is a full-service law office consisting of five (5) full-time attorneys, one paralegal, and a legal secretary/office manager. Their services are available to currently enrolled students at the University of Michigan's Ann Arbor campus.

You can find more resources on the University of Michigan Current Students page.

Mental Health

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers counseling services, educational and preventive initiatives, training programs, outreach and consultation activities, and provides guidance on creating a caring, healthy community.

MiTalk offers mental health resources including online screenings for depression and anxiety, skill-building tools to help you manage stress and academic life, and digitally recorded workshops, lectures, and  relaxation exercises. Services are free of charge to students.


Language Resource Center (LRC) provides access to computers equipped with foreign language software (including spell check!), foreign films and music, foreign language CD-Roms, and reading materials. There is also some open tutoring available.

Sweetland Center for Writing offers free one-to-one writing support to all undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Michigan. Sweetland faculty and peer writing consultants meet with student writers to help with any stage of the writing process.

New England Literature Program (NELP) is a University of Michigan academic program that takes place off campus during the Spring half-term. UM faculty and other instructors teach the courses, and students earn regular UM credit. The program takes place at Camp Wohelo on Sebago Lake in Maine. For six and a half weeks, 40 students and 13 UM instructors live and work together closely, reading New England authors, writing, and exploring the New England countryside, its people, culture, and history.

The University of Michigan Biological Station (UMBS) advances environmental field research, engages students in scientific discovery using ecosystems and their organismal constituents as objects of study, and providez information needed to better understand and sustain natural systems at local through global scales.

General Information

University Housing Office
LSA Course Guide
UM Academic Calendar & Registration Deadlines