- Why I Fight
- The Community of Food, Society & Justice Conference, October 2019
- Shakespeare in the Arb
- Center for World Performance Studies
- East Quad Garden
- Freedom House
- Migrant Worker Outreach and Education Program
- Prison Creative Arts Project
- Semester in Detroit
- Spanish Language Internship Program
- Telling It
- U-M Gamelan Orchestra
Freedom House is a temporary home for survivors of persecution from around the world seeking asylum in the United States and Canada. Located in Detroit, it provides shelter and legal help to refugees many of whom come from French-speaking West Africa.
Through a service-learning course, advanced students of French have the opportunity to volunteer at Freedom House tutoring residents in English. Students also have the opportunity to apply their language skills by contributing to the Freedom House‘s legal department by doing supervised translation work.
Read about how volunteering at Freedom House set RC student Brett Graham on his graduate school trajectory at this link.