- Telling It
- East Quad Garden
- Freedom House Detroit
- Spanish Language Internship Program
- Semester in Detroit
- Prison Creative Arts Project
- Center for World Performance Studies
- Shakespeare in the Arb
- Migrant Worker Outreach and Education Program
- Why I Fight (Postponed due to COVID-19)
- The Community of Food, Society & Justice Conference, October 2019
PALMA (Proyecto Avance, Latino Mentoring Association) is a twice-weekly tutoring group that helps Latino students in the Ann Arbor area with their schoolwork, and helps adults with basic English as a Second Language instruction. Our primary goal is to help foster academic excellence by encouraging the students to learn and monitoring their progress. We also hope working in a university environment will promote the importance of a post-secondary education.
Who are we?
PALMA draws its tutors mainly from University students who can communicate in Spanish (we accept various skill levels) and works with Latino children of all ages as well as adults.
Learn more about PALMA by contacting the program's advisor, Cristhian Espinoza-Pino.
In April 2018, we celebrated our 15th anniversary. Read about this milestone here.
This video, above, was made by an RC student participant in PALMA.