- Request Info & Connect with Us!
- Visit the RC
- Meet the RC Ambassadors!
- Transfer Students
- RC Student Blog
- What RC Students Are Saying
- Ten Reasons to Join the RC
- Nine Myths about the Residential College
- Listen to #theRCPodcast & learn about the RC
- What RC Alumni Are Saying
- RC Student Groups and Activities
Welcome! Admission to the Residential College is available to any prospective student who has first been accepted to the University of Michigan’s College of Literature, Science and the Arts (LSA).
There is no additional application, essay, or interview required of applicants to the RC. Future RC students self-select their enrollment in the Residential College. Your interest and passion for an invigorating liberal arts experience is your ticket in!
How big is the RC?
Each fall, we confirm a maximum of 250 admitted LSA students into a new class of RC-ers. The majority of these students are first years, while some are transfer students.
What Does RC Admissions Look Like?
Future RC students may indicate interest in the RC directly on the Common Application by selecting the Residential College as their "Program of Study." This selection does not impact potential admission to UM-LSA. If you did not indicate interest in the Common Application, you are still able to indicate interest in the RC by completing this brief form.
There are two steps to confirm RC admission:
- Step 1: Applicants will be contacted by the RC Admissions Office via email after first receiving LSA admission to confirm their interest in joining the RC.
- Step 2: From March 1st to May 1st, students who have completed the first step and paid their UM enrollment deposit will officially secure a spot in the RC on a first-come, first-served basis.