- All News
- Search News
- Student News
- Globalize your liberal arts education this summer in Dublin
- Intern Spotlight: Adam Seltzer
- What LSA students are saying about the ALA 325 course
- Intern Spotlight: Natalie Suh
- In-person, drop-in coaching is paused until further notice
- Our coaches are online and ready to provide virtual coaching
- April Alumni Connections
- Gain critical leadership experience as a Hub ambassador
- What can LSA students be doing right now to further their career goals?
- Virtual internships in spring and summer of 2020 are now eligible for funding
- May Virtual Alumni Connections
- Get a first look into the upcoming release of LSA’s new mentoring platform
- Why early career exploration really matters
- Alum Story: Discover how this 2009 English grad secured his first job during the housing market crash
- Alum Story: Find out how this LSA alum turned his ‘baseball’ career aspirations into a reality
- August's Employer Connections
- What’s ‘Happening’ virtually this Fall at the LSA Opportunity Hub
- Discover what LSA’s online community has been buzzing about
- RSVP for Fall's career-building workshops
- Fostering career connections from home
- A transformation from on-site and in-person to virtual and remote
- Alum Story: Hear how this LSA alum and Detroit native transformed tragedy into human achievement
- Alum Story: From schoolcraft to statecraft
- Connecting all Corners
- LSA Connect turns six months!
- Host an LSA student’s virtual internship this summer
- More than $350,000 awarded to LSA students as virtual internship support
- Are virtual internships as valuable as on-site ones? The experts weigh in with a resounding “Yes”
- 2021 Internship Forum
- Alum Story: A journey to the center of the self
- Student spotlight: Unlocking the mysteries of the human body—and demystifying the career exploration journey
- 2021 Grad School Fair
- Hub Industry Groups
- Graduating Hub intern shares that working at the Hub was more than just an internship experience
- In the “room” where it happens
- All Events
Alumni Connections bring alums and students together for career conversations that are authentic and personal — which is especially important now more than ever. We’ve hosted virtual sessions for a while now, facilitating student conversations with LSA alums across the continental US and the broader world in destinations like L.A., London, and Madrid. The value of virtual Alumni Connections is that you can log in from wherever you’re based.
These sessions are designed to give students another avenue to explore their career interests and get first-hand knowledge directly from professionals in the working world. The conversations typically circulate around these themes:
How did your liberal arts degree support your career growth?
What opportunities did you leverage during your time as an LSA student or early on in your career that made a long-term impact?
What are all the career possibilities out there for my major? How did you pivot into different roles and industries?
How do I break into a specific industry, or learn how to make connections with professionals in that field?
How do I find and secure real career opportunities?
Find out below who we’ve lined up for the last two Alumni Connections of the school year and RSVP below in the LSA Opportunity Network to receive an email with details on how to join the conversation virtually.
May Virtual Alumni Connections
Film & TV Producer, Cameron MacConomy
Wednesday, May 20 | 3:30— 4:30 p.m. | RSVP here
Join us for a virtual Q&A with a 2009 LSA alum who’s worked as an Associate Producer on blockbuster films like The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 & 2 and Red Sparrow. Cameron will share his unique career story, from political science grad to Hollywood producer. Get a first hand account of life in the entertainment industry, discover the nuances of navigating this job market, and determine if a career path as a film and content producer is something you want to pursue.
Connect with Teach for America Corps Member, Jenise Williams
Thursday, May 21 | 3:30-4:30 p.m. | RSVP here
Meet Jenise during a virtual Q&A on launching a career in social services. Jenise is a 2018 LSA grad and psychology major who currently serves as a corps member at Teach for America, a non-profit organization that advocates for educational inequity by mobilizing recruits to teach in low-income communities across America. Jenise is excited to share her own experience transitioning from student life to social advocacy and answer any questions you have.
General Counsel of X4 Pharmaceuticals, Derek Meisner
Thursday, May 28 | 2:00—3:00 p.m. | RSVP here
At an upcoming virtual Q&A, engage with LSA alum, Derek Meisner, who serves as general counsel at X4 Pharmaceuticals, a publicly-traded biotechnology company. Hear about his two-decades of experience providing legal counsel to public and private companies across a variety of industries. Find out how a psychology graduate was able to adapt and pivot into different industries, like finance and health sciences, and apply these actionable insights to your own career exploration.