Shakespeare in the Arb's 18th season production of Romeo and Juliet runs Thursdays thru Sundays, June 7-24, 2018.
Listen to the June 1, 2018 RC Podcast episode below about Shakespeare in the Arb featuring:
- Founder and artistic director, Kate Mendeloff
- Associate director, actor and fellow RC Drama faculty, Martin Walsh
- Rachel Thursby, playing Juliet
- Cameron Flynn, playing Romeo
- and the Romeo and Juliet musicians, Chris Martin, Mandolin, Elijah Hatcher-Kay, guitar, Michael Shapiro, clarinet, directed by Katie Sucha
You can read a transcript of this podcast episode at this link, thanks to Kymberley Leggett.
- Shakespeare in the Arb 2018 performance dates are: Thursday through Sunday, June 7-10; 14-17; & 21-24.
- Box office is located in the lower level of the Arboretum Visitor Center at the 1610 Washington Hts. entrance
- Shakespeare in the Arb performers and audience members move through sections of the Arb as the play progresses. Each performance lasts about 2.5 hours.
- Due to the mobile nature of the performances and the outdoor settings, a limited number of tickets are available for each show.
- Audience members sit on the ground. We recommend blankets or chairs. Those sitting in chairs will be asked to sit toward the back so as not to obstruct the view.
- Performances may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Show cancellations occur prior to the box office opening. If bad weather threatens, call ahead (734.647.7600) or visit/follow us on Twitter @MatthaeiNichols for last-minute details.
- Water is available for purchase at the box office. Insect spray is available for free at the box office.
For more information about attending a performance, including tickets, parking and other details, visit mbgna.umich.edu/event/shakespeare-in-the-arb-2018-romeo-juliet/2018-06-07/
Excerpt above from the poster designed by Jennifer Harley