U-M Press Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Publication of Academic Writing for Graduate Students.
- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- Departmental News
- Student News
- Faculty News
- Summer 2023 EAP Goes to Detroit!
- Conversations Circles Fall Harvest Gathering
- ELI Student Spotlight - Yunhee Kim
- Winter 2024 Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs Now Open for Registration
- Student to Student Event: Gingerbread Houses Decorating!
- ELI Student Spotlight - Yuri Augusto Carreiro
- All Events
- Emmanuel Orozco Castellanos Named a 2024 Rhodes Scholar
- Diane Larsen-Freeman in the News
On an event on November 5, 2014, in the Hatcher Library, U-M Press honored the 20th anniversary of the publication of the groundbreaking EAP text Academic Writing for Graduate Students by former ELI director John M. Swales and current ELI lecturer Christine B. Feak. This book, a best-selling U-M Press title now in its third edition, revolutionized the teaching of academic writing and is a mainstay of English for Academic Purposes programs around the world.
Speakers at the event included James Hilton, U-M Dean of Libraries; Ann Johns, San Diego State University; Yu-Shiang Jou, PhD student, U-M School of Education; and the authors.