Why should I meet with an ELI advisor?
- Diagnose your areas of strength and areas of improvement
- Identify your language learning goals
- Get help choosing an appropriate ELI course
- Explore other language learning resources offered by the department
The ELI is offering online advising appointments. You can also email ELIAdvisor@umich.edu with any questions about ELI courses or language support.
How to make an advising appointment
Making an Advising Appointment:
1. To access the appointment system:
Click on the red "Meet with an ELI Advisor" button above
2. Once you are in the appointment system:
On the first screen:
Click "English for Academic Purposes" in the lower left hand corner under "New Appointment"
On the second screen:
Step 1: Enter your information
Step 2: Select "ELI Advising" from the pulldown menu and the date range when you want to meet with an advisor.
- Click "Search Appointment Times"
- If you don't see any appointments in your preferred date range, email ELIadvisor@umich.edu to make an appointment