- All News
- All Events
- Video: John Swales on Genre & English for Academic Purposes
- Video: John Levis on The Importance of Social Factors in L2 Pronunciation Learning
- Third-Annual Three-Minute Thesis Competition
- NEW! Online Pre-Arrival Course for International Graduate Students
- ELI Summer Programs Off and Running!
- Sign Up Now! "Power Up Your English with Great Self-Study Apps + Sites" Workshop
- ELI 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Registration Now Open! Winter Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- Selma film screening and discussion
- Info Session: ELI/SLC Co-Mentoring Program
- Diane Larsen-Freeman Festschrift Published
A festschrift honoring former ELI director Diane Larsen-Freeman has been published by John Benjamins Publishing Company. It was edited by Prof. Lourdes Ortega of Georgetown University and Prof. ZhaoHong Han of Columbia University.
According to the publisher's website, "This volume is both a state-of-the-art display of current thinking on second language development as a complex system. It is also a tribute to Diane Larsen-Freeman for her decades of intellectual leadership in the academic disciplines of applied linguistics and second language acquisition."
Congratulations to Professor Larsen-Freeman from her ELI friends and colleagues on the occasion of this well-earned honor!