- Undergraduate Math Courses
- Major and Minor Programs
- Research and Career Opportunities
- Awards, Scholarships, and Prizes
- Extracurricular Activities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Transfer Credit
- Student Spotlight
Students require many types of guidance and encouragement during their undergraduate journey. For example, students need general academic support, career counseling, and disciplinary advice. The Department’s faculty advisors are happy to help guide the mathematical development of those interested in mathematics.
Because navigating the mathematical landscape can be tricky, Mathematics offers one-on-one faculty advising. If you wish to
- discuss courses and course planning in mathematics
- explore the mathematics major or minor
- investigate summer internship or research opportunities
- declare or release a mathematics degree
- investigate the mathematical aspects of your study abroad plans
- explore post-graduation options for students of mathematics
- discuss most any mathematical topic
then schedule an appointment. Please note that advising appointments are generally not available on observed holidays, study days and throughout the Spring and Summer terms. Appointments and counseling sessions are held in the Mathematics Student Services Office (2082 East Hall).
Students of mathematics should visit with a Departmental Advisor before registering for courses each semester, before making any important program changes, and before leaving to study abroad.
Note: If you have questions about transfer credit evaluation, please do not ask a Departmental Advisor; he or she will not be able to help you. Instead, please visit the Department’s transfer credit evaluation page