Skip to Content
To have a class evaluated (or re-evaluated):
- First, visit the Office of Undergraduate Admission's online transfer credit database.
- Courses listed on this database are pre-approved, simply take the course and submit an official transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions showing the official grade for the course.
- If the course is not listed (or expired), please submit an official syllabus and/or final exam to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please convert any documentation to PDF and include the following information in your email:
- transfer school name
- course name + number
- your UMID number
- Course evaluation can take up to three weeks; please submit your materials as early as possible.
General Math Transfer Credit Policies
- No online courses are accepted for transfer credit; there are no exceptions to this rule.
- Math course evaluations expire at the date listed on the online transfer credit database, students may take and complete approved courses up to the expiration date (i.e., a course that expires 8/18/16 would be valid for 2016 summer semesters, but not the 2016 fall semester).
- Transfer credit for Math 217 (Linear Algebra) is rarely, if ever, approved. Students planning to major in mathematics should plan to take Math 217 in-residence at U-M.
- All mathematics transfer credits follow the general College of LSA transfer credit guidelines, please review them here. Students are responsible for knowing and abiding by these policies.