The Results Are In!
The results from the F2022 LSA SG elections can be viewed here. Nineteen (19) representatives were elected, and LSA students provided feedback on four ballot questions and a constitutional amendment. For more information on LSA SG and its electoral process, contact the LSA SG Executive Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSA SG Fall 2022 Elections
LSA SG Elections were held November 16-17, 2022. Nineteen (19) Elected Representative seats were up for election. These representatives will serve one-year terms that will expire in December 2023.
Becoming an Elected Representative is a great way to get involved in LSA SG! Elected representatives earn two semesters of voting rights within LSA SG. Anyone in the College of LSA is encouraged to run, and no student government experience is needed!
All candidates were welcomed to receive endorsements from organizations and individuals on campus to support their campaign.
Candidates were permitted to run as part of a party slate.
- Saturday, October 15th at 5:00pm: Filing period begins
- Saturday, October 29th at 5:00pm: Filing period closes
- Sunday, October 30th at 8:00pm: Candidates Meeting at the LSA SG Office (Room 1174 in the LSA Building) If you are unable to attend the Candidates Meeting at this time and would like to discuss the pertinent information, please email email@example.com to set up an alternative time.
- Sunday, October 30th at 9:00pm: Campaign period begins
- Wednesday, November 2nd or Wednesday, November 9th at 8:00pm: Attend an LSA SG General meeting in 1427 Mason Hall (required of all candidates)
- Thursday, November 2nd at 9:00pm: Financial Disclosure Form due
- Thursday, November 10th: Mandatory Candidates Forum (Time and Location TBD)
- Sunday, November 13th at 11:59pm: Candidacy Withdrawal Deadline. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be taken off the ballot.
- Monday, November 14th at 11:59pm: Candidate platforms due on the voting website
- Tuesday, November 15th at 11:59pm: Campaign period closes
- Wednesday, November 16th at 12:00am: Voting Period begins
- Thursday, November 17th at 11:59pm: Voting Period ends
Unofficial election results were released on November 18th, and official results certified later that day.