The Fall 2021 LSA SG Elections were held November 17-18, 2021 to elect fifteen (15) representatives to serve one-year terms on LSA Student Government. Constitutional amendments and other ballot questions were also put to a vote in the form of college-wide referenda.
- September 29, 2021: Election Director Riya Gupta and Assistant Election Director Dani DiFranco were appointed by LSA SG.
- October 15, 2021: The Election Director and Assistant Election Director contracts are signed, and Election Director Gupta and Assistant Election Director DiFranco begin their work.
- October 16, 2021: Candidate filing period begins.
- October 31, 2021 at 7:00 PM: Candidate filing period ends.
- November 2, 2021 at 6:00 PM: Candidates Meeting. This meeting is encouraged for all individuals running in the election. The campaign period begins at the end of this meeting.
- November 13, 2021: Candidates' Forum, Room 2210 ABC in the Michigan Union.
- November 17-18, 2021: Voting period! Voting commences at 12:00 AM on November 17th and closes at 11:59 PM on November 18th. All voting occurs at vote.umich.edu!
- November 19, 2021: Unofficial results released shortly after midnight. Official results were released later this day, as so complaints were received.
- December 1, 2021: New representatives are seated.
- Jordan Juliao (email@example.com)
- Gabriel Ervin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bilal Irfan (email@example.com)
- Noah Gadola (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ihsaan Yasin (email@example.com)
- Maria Wajahat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Abigail Nighswonger (email@example.com)
- Max Stoneman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Claudia McLean (email@example.com)
- Dania Ali (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Max Satin (email@example.com)
- Roger Briddick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alexis Harris (email@example.com)
- Hana Rababeh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mollie Berglund (email@example.com)
- Yaqub Ahmedfiqi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Greysen Bauserman (email@example.com)
- Aleezah Manzoor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Abigail (Abby) Ochs (email@example.com)
- Ella Mannino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dylan Bernstein (email@example.com)
- Liza Lachter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maleny Crespo (email@example.com)
- Christina Thieu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tyler Fioritto (email@example.com)
Ballot Questions and Constitutional Amendment Referenda
- In October 2021, President Mark Schlissel announced his retirement, effective June 2023. The University has offered him a retirement package including $2 million for research expenses, $1.8 million in payment over the next two years, and annual compensation to serve as a “special advisor” to the University. Do you feel that Schlissel’s retirement package is justifiable?
- Yes, I feel that his retirement package fairly compensates his service.
- No, I believe his retirement package is not justified.
- I have no opinion on the retirement package offered to President Schlissel.
- Has your ability to obtain affordable, clean, and safe housing on and off-campus during your time at Michigan been negatively impacted in the past year.
- Yes, I'm a traditional student.
- Yes; I’m a transfer.
- Yes; I’m a non-traditional student.
- Yes; I’m an international student.
- No; it has not.
- How did you hear about this election and learn how to vote?
- Candidate Campaign Materials
- LSA SG Signage
- Friends/Word of Mouth
- Through attempting to vote in CSG Elections
Election Director Report:
Election Director Riya Gupta and Assistant Election Director Dani DiFranco will produce a report with the results of the election as well as their suggestions for how to improve future elections. This report will likely be released December 2021, and will be posted here as soon as it is made available.