The next LSA SG Elections will be held March 24-25, 2021 to elect fifteen (15) representatives, as well as a President and Vice President to lead the government during the 2021-22 term. Constitutional amendments will also be put to a vote in the form of a college-wide referendum.
The packet to file to run for LSA Student Government Elected Representative OR President and Vice President can be found here and is due by March 6th 2021.
- February 3, 2021: Election Director Riya Gupta appointed by LSA SG
- February 10, 2021: Assistant Election Director to be appointed by LSA SG.
- February 17, 2021: Candidate Forum details presented to LSA SG.
- February 19, 2021: Candidate filing period begins.
- February 24, 2021: Candidate Forum details approved by LSA SG.
- March 6, 2021: Candidate filing period ends.
- March 7, 2021: Candidates' Meeting (Required for all candidates runing in the election). Time TBD. Campaign period begins at the end of this meeting.
- March 24-25, 2021: Voting period! Voting commences at 12:00 AM on March 24th and closes at 11:59 PM on March 25th.
- March 25, 2021: Unofficial results released shortly after midnight. Official results will be released later in the day if no objections are raised.
- March 31, 2021: New Representatives, President, and Vice President ar seated.
Note: Dates subject to change. Times and links may be added as they become available.
Becoming an Elected Representative
Becoming an Elected Representative is a great way to get involved in LSA SG! Representatives earn two semesters of voting rights within LSA SG. Anyone in the College of LSA is encouraged to run, and no Student Government experience needed!
All candidates are welcome to receive endorsements from organizations and individuals on campus to support their campaign. Candidates may not be endorsed by a political party or campus political group (such as those that run in CSG elections).
Election Code Violations
LSA Student Government takes the democratic nature of its elections very seriously. If you have noticed a candidate doing something that you think may be against the Election Code, you may submit any information you have regarding this incident to Election Director Riya Gupta. All alleged violations will be investigated thoroughly and the identity of those who submit violations will kept anonymous.