The application to file as a candidate is now open! Please submit your application by 5:00 PM on October 29th, 2020 in order to run.
- Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 5:00pm: Filing Deadline
- Friday, October 30th, 2020 at 6:00pm: Mandatory Candidates’ Meeting (Zoom ID: 927 1668 1045)
- Friday, October 30th, 2020 at 8:00pm: Campaign period begins
- Wednesdays, November 4th and 11th, 2020 at 8:00pm: LSA SG General Meetings (Zoom ID: 923 9585 6154) Candidates must attend 1 of these 2 dates
- Friday, November 13th, 2020: Mandatory Candidates Forum, 6:00pm, (Zoom ID: 935 2178 4156)
- Saturday, November 14th, 2020 at 11:59pm: Candidacy withdrawal and Platform Submission deadline (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tuesday, November 17th, 2020 at 11:59pm: Campaign period ends and Financial Disclosure Forms are due
- Wednesday November 18th, 2020 and Thursday November 19st, 2020: Polls are open at vote.umich.edu for all LSA SG elections
- Thursday, November 19th, 2020 at 11:59pm: Polls close
- Friday November 20nd, 2020: Unofficial elections results released
An election will be held on November 18-19, 2020 to elect fifteen (15) representatives to LSA Student Government, and to consider any ballot questions voted on by the assembly. This election will be held in conjunction with the Central Student Government fall election, which will be held during the same period.
At the General Assembly meeting held on October 7, 2020, LSA Student Government alumna Riya Gupta was hired as the Election Director. Gupta is tasked with organizing the application process, the ballot (hosted at vote.umich.edu) as well as a virtual candidate question-and-answer forum. Any questions regarding the election or how to run can be sent to Gupta at email@example.com or President Selena Bazzi at firstname.lastname@example.org.