The Science Learning Center (SLC) provides appointment-based, small group tutoring for select groups of eligible students (detailed further below).
Which courses are supported by Appointment-Based Peer Tutoring?
- Biology 171, 172, 225, 305, and MCDB 310
- Chemistry 130, 210, 215, 230, 260/261, and 351
- Physics 135, 140, 235, and 240
Who qualifies for Appointment-Based Peer Tutoring?
Students enrolled in the above courses who are in one of the following groups:
- Comprehensive Studies Program (CSP)
- Douglass Houghton Scholars Program (DHSP)
- Transfer students
- Students registered with Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
- Students on Academic Probation
- Kessler Scholars
During Fall, Winter and Spring terms, if you meet the above criteria, please do the following to obtain a tutoring appointment:
1. Register for an SLC study group or join the waitlist for the relevant course by clicking here. Registration for these groups is open all semester.
2. Once you have joined a study group, you can then schedule appointment-based tutoring online here.
*Students may also qualify due to special academic circumstances, including but not limited to students on academic probation.
NOTE: If you do not qualify for Appointment-Based tutoring, you may utilize SLC's Drop-In Peer Tutoring for some courses.
Due to the limited availability of appointments, peer tutors often work with two students per session.
- Supportive, focused and on-task assistance
- Assistance with developing strategies for understanding concepts, solving problems, and preparing for exams
- Guidance on homework problems