Both of the Science Learning Center locations are closed to the public for the remainder of the summer term.
Computers found in the SLC's Main Branch and Satellite Location are managed by the UM's ITS Campus Computing Sites department. This allows us to offer an extensive array of software. Therefore, users must check two different websites to see a full list of software available on SLC computers.
To see a complete list of all software available, visit both pages shown:
See the SLC Hardware webpage for more details about the SLC's computer configurations.
See the SLC Computer Reservations webpage to learn more about reserving computers at the SLC Main Branch and Satellite Location.
SLC Computer Classroom
Patrons of the SLC's Computer Classroom in the Main Branch will find 24 computers (23 Dells running Windows 10 Enterprise) and one iMac. Of these computers, one Dell and the iMac are designated as instructor stations. A ceiling-mounted data projector is available to use in conjunction with the instructor stations. Instructors may also use their own laptops to connect to the data projector.
When the classroom is not being used by a class, these computers are available for drop-in use.
Open Computer Lab Areas
In the open lab area of the SLC's Main Branch there are 57 computers available for instructor-led classes (reservations required) or for drop-in use on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- 35 Dell Computers running Windows 10 Enterprise
- 22 iMacs running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
Expectations for Use - SLC Computer Classroom
SLC Staff will:
- Accept classroom reservations.
- Unlock the classroom prior to use.
- Provide dry erasers and markers for the classroom whiteboard.
- Be available to answer user questions and troubleshoot problems.
- Submit software requests in the manner required by ITS Campus Computing Sites. The submission procedure is outlined at the Computing Sites Software Page.
- Become familiar with the classroom prior to usage.
- Start and end classes on time.
- Prohibit food or drink during your class.
- Respect the space provided by asking students to clean up their area prior to leaving.