FALL AND WINTER DROP-IN TUTORING HOURS FOR BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY COURSES
Sunday 4-8pm EST
Monday - Thursday 4-7pm EST
SPRING DROP-IN TUTORING HOURS FOR BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY COURSES
Monday - Thursday 4-6pm EST
SUMMER DROP-IN TUTORING HOURS FOR BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY COURSES
All Summer 2020 Tutoring will be conducted as Appointment-Based Tutoring
Drop-In Tutoring Has Moved Online
Drop-In tutoring is open to all students currently enrolled in Bio 171, Bio 172, Chem 130, Chem 210, and Chem 215. Students interested in participating in drop-in tutoring will need to fill out the appropriate Google form listed below DURING DROP-IN HOURS only. Once you have filled out the course-specific Google form below, a tutor will contact you with a link to connect on GoBoard.
FA20 Bio 171 Drop in Tutor Requests | Sunday 4-8pm and Monday-Thursday 4-7pm EST
FA20 Bio 172 Drop in Tutor Requests | Sunday 4-8pm and Monday-Thursday 4-7pm EST
FA20 Chem 130 Drop in Tutor Requests | Sunday 4-8pm and Monday-Thursday 4-7pm EST
FA20 Chem 210 Drop in Tutor Requests | Sunday 4-8pm and Monday-Thursday 4-7pm EST
FA20 Chem 215 Drop in Tutor Requests | Sunday 4-8pm and Monday-Thursday 4-7pm EST
Drop-In Tutoring Guidelines
- Tutors are only able to work with three tutees at a time. You may be told there is a waitlist before you can meet with a tutor.
- If you fill out the Google form outside of drop-in tutoring hours, no one will contact you to meet online.
- Drop-in tutoring will be cancelled online during course exam times.
How to use GoBoard
After you have requested to meet with a drop-in tutor during drop-in tutoring hours, the SLC tutor you are meeting with will send you an email containing the link to access GoBoard (please note this will come to your umich email). You may be put on a waitlist, in which case you will receive further information at that time as well.
- Use Chrome internet browser when accessing GoBoard.
- You can use GoBoard on an iPad app or on a web browser (use updated Chrome for the web browser). Do not use GoBoard on your cell phone.
- Each GoBoard session is video recorded, this video recording is used only for SLC monitoring. The Tutor Program Manager will occasionally watch the videos as a way to provide feedback to tutors. Videos will NOT be used for other purposes.
- You will be emailed a PDF of your session at the end of each session.
- The day after your tutor session, you will be sent a survey.
- If you have questions or issues using GoBoard you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- You can learn more about how to use GoBoard by visiting GoBoard's website. Scroll about halfway down and there are instructional videos for how to use the system.
SLC TUTORING HELP ROOM - Located in 1720 Chemistry Building (Tutoring will be online from March 16 - December 8, 2020)
Biology 171 and 172, Chemistry 130, 210, and 215
The Tutoring Help Room is a comfortable place for seeking assistance with course related questions from Peer Tutors.
PEER TUTORS PROVIDE:
- Supportive, focused and on-task assistance
- Assistance with developing strategies for understanding concepts, solving problems, and preparing for exams
- Guidance on homework problems
- Tutors assist students on a first-come/first-helped basis
- During peak periods, students may need to wait for assistance
- Tutors may limit the length of help sessions to assist the maximum number of students
- Tutors may assist multiple students at a time for the same course