FALL AND WINTER DROP-IN TUTORING HOURS FOR BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY COURSES
Sunday 4-8pm EST
Monday - Thursday 4-7pm EST
SPRING DROP-IN TUTORING HOURS FOR BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY COURSES
Monday - Thursday 4-6pm EST
SUMMER DROP-IN TUTORING HOURS FOR BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY COURSES
All Summer 2020 Tutoring will be conducted as Appointment-Based Tutoring
Drop-In Tutoring Has Moved Online
Drop In tutoring is open from 4-8pm on Sundays and 4-7pm Monday through Thursday. You do not need to set up an appointment to meet with an SLC tutor during these times, please follow the directions below to access drop in tutoring.
- Go to Canvas
- Enter the Science Learning Center Drop In Tutoring canvas site (you were given access to this site already, if you do not have that access please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click on Click Here for Drop In tutoring, you should be sent to a drop in queueing page.
- Once there, click on the course you want to drop into tutoring for. Green means you can join now, blue means you can get in line because another student(s) is in drop in, and black button means you are in line already. (these options are only available DURING drop in (Sun 4-8pm and Mon through Thurs 4-7pm)
- If you have to click on the blue get in line button, you will need to stay on this page to wait for a pop up to enter the GoBoard.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
How to use GoBoard
After you have requested to meet with a drop-in tutor during drop-in tutoring hours, the SLC tutor you are meeting with will send you an email containing the link to access GoBoard (please note this will come to your umich email). You may be put on a waitlist, in which case you will receive further information at that time as well.
- Use Chrome internet browser when accessing GoBoard.
- You can use GoBoard on an iPad app or on a web browser (use updated Chrome for the web browser). Do not use GoBoard on your cell phone.
- Each GoBoard session is video recorded, this video recording is used only for SLC monitoring. The Tutor Program Manager will occasionally watch the videos as a way to provide feedback to tutors. Videos will NOT be used for other purposes.
- The day after your tutor session, you will be sent a survey.
- If you have questions or issues using GoBoard you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- You can learn more about how to use GoBoard by visiting GoBoard's website. Scroll about halfway down and there are instructional videos for how to use the system.
SLC TUTORING HELP ROOM - Located in 1720 Chemistry Building (Tutoring will be online from March 16, 2020 - April 20, 2021)
Biology 171 and 172, Chemistry 130, 210, and 215
The Tutoring Help Room is a comfortable place for seeking assistance with course related questions from Peer Tutors.
PEER TUTORS PROVIDE:
- Supportive, focused and on-task assistance
- Assistance with developing strategies for understanding concepts, solving problems, and preparing for exams
- Guidance on homework problems
- Tutors assist students on a first-come/first-helped basis
- During peak periods, students may need to wait for assistance
- Tutors may limit the length of help sessions to assist the maximum number of students
- Tutors may assist multiple students at a time for the same course