FALL AND WINTER DROP-IN TUTORING HOURS FOR CHEMISTRY 130, 210, 215
Sunday 4-8pm; Monday - Thursday 4-7pm
SPRING DROP-IN TUTORING HOURS FOR CHEMISTRY COURSES
Monday - Wednesday 4-6pm EST
SLC TUTORING - Located in 1720 Chem
Chemistry 130, 210, and 215
The SLC Tutoring Room is a comfortable place for seeking assistance with course related questions from Peer Tutors.
PEER TUTORS PROVIDE:
- Supportive, focused and on-task assistance
- Assistance with developing strategies for understanding concepts, solving problems, and preparing for exams
- Guidance on practice problems
- Tutors assist students on a first-come/first-helped basis
- During peak periods, students may need to wait for assistance
- Tutors may limit the length of help sessions to assist the maximum number of students
- Tutors may assist multiple students at a time for the same course
IN PERSON DROP-IN PEER TUTORING
If you want to use SLC Drop-In peer tutoring, please come to the SLC Tutoring Room located in 1720 Chem during drop-in hours. Tutors will be on staff to assist students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about how to access the service.
What students are saying about Drop-In Tutoring:
"I was super frustrated with the Course Pack and the mental loop I was stuck in, and the tutor helped reaffirm what I knew and guided me on the right path to problem solving."
"I like being around other students who need help also."
"There were intelligent tutors, willing to help. I liked being able to work with the entire table of students and get everyone’s input/questions."