The Science Learning Center (SLC) provides math drop in tutoring during the Spring and Summer terms for Math 105, Math 115, Math 116, Math 215, and Math 216.
Math Drop In tutoring has moved online for the Spring and Summer 2021 terms using a system called GoBoard.
Which courses are supported by Math Drop In Tutoring?
- Math 105
- Math 115
- Math 116
- Math 215
- Math 216
When is Math Drop In tutoring available?
- Monday 11am-4pm EST
- Tuesday 11am-4pm EST
- Wednesday 11am-4pm EST
- Thursday 11am-4pm EST
How can students access SLC Math Drop In tutoring?
You do not need to set up an appointment to meet with an SLC tutor during these times, please follow the directions below to access drop in tutoring.
- Go to Canvas
- Enter the Science Learning Center Drop In Tutoring canvas site (you were given access to this site already, if you do not have that access please email email@example.com)
- Click on Click Here for Drop In tutoring, you should be sent to a drop in queueing page.
- Once there, click on the course you want to drop into tutoring for. Green means you can join now, blue means you can get in line because another student(s) is in drop in, and black button means you are in line already. (these options are only available DURING drop in (Mon-Thurs, 11am-4pm EST)
- If you have to click on the blue "get in line" button, you will need to stay on this page to wait for a pop up to enter the GoBoard.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
How can students use GoBoard?
After you have requested to meet with a drop-in tutor during drop-in tutoring hours, the SLC tutor you are meeting with will send you an email containing the link to access GoBoard (please note this will come to your umich email). You may be put on a waitlist, in which case you will receive further information at that time as well.
- Use Chrome internet browser when accessing GoBoard.
- You can use GoBoard on an iPad app or on a web browser (use updated Chrome for the web browser). Do not use GoBoard on your cell phone.
- Each GoBoard session is video recorded, this video recording is used only for SLC monitoring. The Tutor Program Manager will occasionally watch the videos as a way to provide feedback to tutors. Videos will NOT be used for other purposes.
- The day after your tutor session, you will be sent a survey.
- If you have questions or issues using GoBoard you can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can learn more about how to use GoBoard by visiting GoBoard's website. Scroll about halfway down and there are instructional videos for how to use the system.