The SLC Tutoring Program offers both online and in person support. Please see each Drop-In and Appointment-Based page for information on how to access each service
The SLC provides Drop-In peer tutoring for all students currently enrolled in five introductory science courses: Biology 171 and 172, Chemistry 130, 210, and 215.
In addition, the College of Literature Science and the Arts has funded the SLC to offer Appointment-Based, small group tutoring for students affiliated with the following eligible groups:
- Comprehensive Studies Program (CSP)
- HAIL Scholars
- Douglass Houghton Scholars Program (DHSP)
- Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives (OAMI) SuccessConnects
- Transfer students
- Students registered with Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
- Students on academic probation
- Kessler Scholars
- Women in Science and Engineering Residential Program (WISE-RP)
- Health Science Scholars Program (HSSP)
- Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars (MRADS)
Appointment-Based tutoring is available to eligible students on a first come, first serve basis and supports the following courses: Biology 171, 172, 225, 305, Chemistry 130, 210, 215, 230, 260/261, 351, MCDB 310, 322, Physics 140, 150, 240, and 250.
SLC Peer Tutors are trained undergraduates with a demonstrated mastery of the course content. Tutors provide comprehensive academic support, including study strategies, understanding and mastering course concepts, problem-solving, and exam preparation.
Whether you need long term assistance or just guidance on a specific problem or concept, SLC Peer Tutoring provides the help you need.
If you have questions about the Peer-Led Tutoring Program, e-mail us at email@example.com.