The SLC Tutoring Program offers in person and online services. The tabs on this website describe how each tutoring service has been adjusted. Below is a brief summary of those changes.
Appointment-Based peer tutoring has in-person and online options. Students can schedule their appointment using WCOnline. If a student has difficulty accessing WCOnline, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in activating their account. For online appointments, an SLC tutor will email students a link to connect on GoBoard five minutes before the start of each appointment. For in-person appointments, students should come to the SLC Help Room, 1720 Chemistry.
Appointment-Based tutoring will continue to be open to eligible groups of students only and supporting the same courses for Fall, Winter, and Spring terms. Please see the SLC website for the most updated list of eligible groups and courses supported.
Drop-In tutoring is open to all students currently enrolled in Bio 171, Bio 172, Chem 130, Chem 210, and Chem 215, Sunday 4-8pm EST and Monday through Thursday 4-7pm EST during Fall/Winter and from 4-6pm EST Monday through Wednesday during Spring. Drop-In tutoring services are in person, located in the SLC Satellite, 2165 USB. More information on how to access drop in tutoring is available on the SLC Tutoring Program Drop-In website.
How to Use GoBoard for Students
We will be using the online platform GoBoard to connect students and tutee's virtually. Please keep in mind the following when using GoBoard:
- Use Chrome internet browser when accessing GoBoard.
- You can use GoBoard on an iPad app or on a web browser (use updated Chrome for the web browser). Do not use GoBoard on your cell phone.
- Each GoBoard session is video recorded, this video recording is used only for SLC monitoring. The Tutoring Program Manager will occasionally watch the videos as a way to provide feedback to tutors. Videos will NOT be used for other purposes.
- You will be emailed a PDF of your session at the end of each session.
- The day after your tutor session, you will be sent a survey.
- If you have questions or issues using GoBoard you can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can learn more about how to use GoBoard by visiting GoBoard's website. Scroll about halfway down and there are instructional videos for how to use the system.
For Students New to SLC Tutoring
Please email email@example.com with any questions or issues you have accessing tutoring services. We will respond as soon as possible. You can also check out the SLC Tutoring website for up to date information.
General Tutoring Information
How will students be helped?
Students may be helped individually or in small groups of up to about three students. Tutors will engage all tutees in the learning process, including developing study skills, learning about other resources for course success, and time management.
Who are the Peer Tutors?
Students who have already successfully completed the course at U-M, and who are trained in tutoring skills, serve as Peer Tutors.
Is Appointment-Based tutoring offered?
How can faculty help?
Encourage your students to drop-in for help during Help Room hours.
Recommend a student to become a Peer Tutor.
Share your feedback and questions. Professional staff are always available to answer your questions, receive feedback about students' tutoring experience, or listen to ideas on how to improve the program.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.