NOTE: During exam periods, GSI schedules are subject to change and will vary from course to course. Therefore, we advise students to email their instructors directly to determine availability.
View GSI Office Hours for the current term. You may visit the SLC to get assistance from the GSI assigned to the specific section in which you are enrolled, or you may drop in to get help from any other course GSI. You do not need to wait for the office hours of the GSI who leads your section to get help with course material. Please visit our resource on "Getting More out of Office Hours" using this link.
Submitting a Request for Office Hours to the SLC
Alcove space is reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. All course instructors, including GSIs, are encouraged to hold regular office hours in the SLC. Students benefit when a large number of instructors choose to use the SLC as the location for their office hours because the SLC is centrally located and the location for a range of useful resources in support of science courses in Astronomy, Biology, Biophysics, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, and Physics.
Click here to submit an SLC Office Hours schedule request. For courses with three or more GSIs, this form should be completed by the course coordinator or lead instructor. You will receive an e-mail confirmation indicating the reservation has been secured.
Making Schedule Changes
Students depend on the SLC to post accurate office hours for all instructors who use the site. Please help us keep the information up-to-date.
If you are unable to cover a shift, perhaps due to illness or personal emergency, please phone the SLC Front Desk at 764-9326 to let us know. We will post a note for your students indicating your schedule adjustment.
For all other changes, send an e-mail to email@example.com listing all cancellations and/or revision requests. You will receive an email response once your request has been completed.
Reporting to the SLC to Hold Office Hours
• Sign-in on the GSI whiteboard located at the SLC front desk.
• Pick-up a badge and wear it during your office hours.
• Obtain whiteboard markers and an eraser at the SLC front desk.
• Report to your assigned alcove. Generally, Biology GSIs are assigned to Alcoves 1-4 and Chemistry GSIs are assigned to alcoves 5-8.
• Change the alcove label found hanging at the entrance to the alcove to reflect your course.
• Stay in your alcove area during your office hours. If you must leave briefly, make a note of your whereabouts on the white board inside your alcove. Be sure to include the time you will return if you must leave the premises.
• At the end of your shift, return your badge, white board markers, eraser and sign yourself out.