- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- Registration & Academic Policies
- Language Placement
- Language Clubs
- Study Abroad
- Summer Language Institute
- Undergraduate Update
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
- Transfer Credit
- Portuguese 290 Conversation Through Film and Popular Music counts as an optional elective toward the Portuguese minor.
- Portuguese 350 Independent Study counts as an optional elective toward the Portuguese minor.
- Portuguese 499 Advanced Independent Study counts as an optional elective toward the Portuguese minor.
A Portuguese cognate course is a course in which a majority of the content focuses on Portuguese studies, but which does not give instruction primarily in Portuguese. The following courses have been identified as possible cognate courses for Portuguese minors.
Important information about cognate credit:
• Portuguese minors are allowed to receive a maximum of nine credits toward the minor (three
• If you believe you have found a course not on this list that may count as a Portuguese cognate, fill out an RLL Portuguese Cognate Request Form, obtain a copy of the syllabus for the class, and meet with a Portuguese faculty advisor for approval.
|AAS||Other Africas: The Cultures of Portuguese-Speaking Africa|
|AAS 111||Introduction to Africa and Its Diaspora|
|History 232||Human Rights in Latin America: The Root of Social Protest in Brazil|
|History 347||Latin America: The Colonial Period|
|History 349||Revolutionary Movements in Modern Latin America|
|History 394||Special Topics in the Humanities: The Art and Power in the Colonial Spanish Americas|
|History 407||Adv Study in Comparative and Transnational History: The History of Inter-American Human Rights Law|
|History 473||Brazil: History & Culture|
|Italian 422||Global Fascism: Legitimizing State Violence Across the Atlantic|
|Spanish 373||iGol!: The Culture of Soccer in Latin America|
|UC 254||Human Rights in Latin America/Roots of Protest|