- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- LSA Language Requirement & Placement
- Registration & Academic Policies
- Study Abroad
- Language Clubs
- Transfer Credit
- Language Learning Resources
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
- Portuguese 290 Conversation Through Film and Popular Music counts as an optional elective toward the Portuguese minor.
- Portuguese 350 Independent Study counts as an optional elective toward the Portuguese minor.
- Portuguese 499 Advanced Independent Study counts as an optional elective toward the Portuguese minor.
A Portuguese cognate course is a course in which a majority of the content focuses on Portuguese studies, but which does not give instruction primarily in Portuguese. The following courses have been identified as possible cognate courses for Portuguese minors.
Important information about cognate credit:
• Portuguese minors are allowed to receive a maximum of nine credits toward the minor (three
• If you believe you have found a course not on this list that may count as a Portuguese cognate, fill out an RLL Portuguese Cognate Request Form (PDF), obtain a copy of the syllabus for the class, and meet with a Portuguese faculty advisor for approval.
|Other Africas: The Cultures of Portuguese-Speaking Africa
|Introduction to Africa and Its Diaspora
|Human Rights in Latin America: The Root of Social Protest in Brazil
|Horror & Enchantment: The Early Modern Spanish and Portuguese World
|HISTORY 304 / LACS 304 / WGS 306
|Maternal and Infant Health in Latin American History
|Latin America: The Colonial Period
|Revolutionary Movements in Modern Latin America
|Special Topics in the Humanities: The Art and Power in the Colonial Spanish Americas
|Adv Study in Comparative and Transnational History: The History of Inter-American Human Rights Law
|Brazil: History & Culture
|Global Fascism: Legitimizing State Violence Across the Atlantic
|Senior Seminar in Romance Languages & Literatures
|iGol!: The Culture of Soccer in Latin America
|Human Rights in Latin America/Roots of Protest