Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Declaring a Major or Minor

The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures offers majors in French, Italian, Romance Languages & Literatures, and Spanish, and offers academic minors in French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish. To declare an RLL major or minor, you have two options:

  1. If you wish to meet with an RLL advisor before declaring (optional), you can make an appointment online here. You can also call the RLL Main Office at (734)764-5344 to schedule an appointment. Your advisor can then provide you with the declaration form.
  2. If you have already discussed your plans with an advisor and simply want to fill out paperwork, stop by the RLL Main Office, 4108 MLB, anytime between 8am and 4pm, Monday through Friday. Our undergraduate assistant will sign your declaration and give you a copy of your requirements.

It is not mandatory to meet with an advisor prior to declaring an RLL major or minor.

Declarations must be done in person so that you can obtain the required signatures.

Questions? Send an e-mail to: