- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- LSA Language Requirement & Placement
- Registration & Academic Policies
- Study Abroad
- Language Clubs
- Transfer Credit
- Language Learning Resources
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
Qualified students may be admitted to a program of advanced study in the beginning or middle of their junior year (or at the beginning of their senior year following participation in a junior year study-abroad program), leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts with Honors in their Romance language of study.
Information applicable to all RLL honors majors can be found below. Information specific to each language can be found in the menu to the left.
Requirements for admission to any RLL honors major
- Students meet the pre-acceptance requirements for the language(s) of study (found on the language specific information page)
- A grade point average of at least 3.4 in all courses, and of 3.5 in all courses taken for the major (French, Italian, RLL, and Spanish) is required for admission and for graduation with Honors.
- Students must contact the current honors advisor for their language(s) of study toward the end of their junior year
- Students must select a faculty advisor whose research interests are closely aligned with theirs to supervise their honors thesis. Our directory of faculty members and their areas of interest may help you. Only individuals with the title of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, or Lec III/IV are eligible to advise honors theses.
- Students must complete the honors major application form (which includes the honors thesis proposal) for their language(s) of study (applications are found on the language-specific information page)
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-647-2230