- Majors and Minors
- Course Information
- LSA Language Requirement & Placement
- Registration & Academic Policies
- Study Abroad
- Language Clubs
- Transfer Credit
- Language Learning Resources
- Summer Language Institute
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures prepares students of French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish with more than basic reading, writing, and speaking skills. Our courses also feature the histories, politics, cultures, customs, and literatures of countries that speak Romance languages.
Whether you are interested in mastering a language, becoming familiar with important literary figures, or studying contemporary global issues, the Romance languages department has a wealth of options to offer you.