- John H. and Patricia W. Mitchell Scholarship
- Current Mitchell Scholars
- Mitchell Scholars 2021 - 2022
- Mitchell Scholars 2020 - 2021
- John H. and Patricia W. Mitchell Internship Scholarship
- John H. Mitchell Visiting Professor in Media Entertainment
- John H. Mitchell Critical Conversations
- John H. and Patricia W. Mitchell Community Outreach Fund
- News and Press
Please note that these bios were submitted in Fall of 2021 and are published for archival purposes only.
Although 2020-21 was a year transformed by the pandemic, the inagural cohort engaged with several LSA faculty and industry professionals via Zoom.
In the fall, the scholars met with Department Chair Yeidy Rivero, Dean Curzan, and Associate Professor Colin Gunckel for a seminar on social justice.
In the winter, the scholars met with Professor Markus Nornes for a seminar on Film Festivals and Independent Cinema in China and Peter Benedek, the co-founderof UTA, regarding how to navigate the industry.
Througout the year, Professor Jim Burnstein extended a special invitation to the scholars to meet withall of the screenwriting guests for the year: Brent Forrester; Bill Collage; Lisa McQuillan; Audra Sielaff and Becky Mann; Kemp Powers; and Supriya Kelkar.
Each scholar also participated in a one-on-one talk with an industry professional who matched their proposed career tracjectories.
The scholars bid farewell to each other at a virtual event in May, comprising FTVM faculty and staff who contributed to their programming.