- Prospective Students
- FTVM Major
- Global Media Studies Minor
- Screenwriting Sub-Major
- FTVM Honors Program
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Credit
- Scholarships, Awards & Grants
- Film & Video Student Association
- WOLV TV
- Studio Spotlight
- Student Productions
- Guest Artists and Scholars @ FTVM
- 2021 Graduation Celebration
Thinking about a Degree in Film, Television, and Media?
Click on the photo above to watch a video about our department - and consider the full list of what FTVM offers students here:
- An integrated major in both screen studies (film, television, and new media) and production (creative, hands-on practice) taught by world-class faculty
- State-of-the-art production studios featuring professional-grade film and television production equipment
- The opportunity to pursue a sub-major in screenwriting or a minor in Global Media Studies
- An honors program that supports students in producing an advanced film or television project, writing an original feature-length screenplay/teleplay, or writing a studies-based thesis
- Access to renowned guest artists and scholars who visit to share their experiences and insights through lectures, workshops, and discussions
- The opportunity to be a part of WOLV TV, our student-run television program
- An extensive alumni network and internship opportunities that span the nation including LA and NYC
Take a Peek at Our Classes
Are you wondering what our FTVM classes look like, what kinds of production projects our students create, and what our studies program includes? Click the photo (at left) to view snapshots of our students...in the studios and beyond.
Talk to Us and/or Tour Our Facilities
Click on the video below to take a virtual tour of our facilities!
To schedule an in-person tour of our facilities, please contact Mary Lou Chlipala at email@example.com.
Please note that in-person tours are only available during the week, and ALL IN-PERSON TOURS ARE CURRENTLY BEING POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Film, Television, and Media prepares students to create and study film, media, and digital worlds in which stories represent multiple life experiences and points of view. Our classes are designed to engage students intellectually and creatively as they develop projects wherein diversity -- informed by race, ethnicity, gender, religious beliefs, class, sexuality, ability, and nationality—is nurtured and welcomed. We celebrate having a diverse group of students who enrich classroom interactions, learning experiences, and creative endeavors. Our faculty and staff are committed to developing and sustaining a working environment in which diversity, equity, and inclusion are the norm.