- Apply Now
- Spring Semester in Detroit
- Fall Semester in Detroit
- Community-Based Internship
- Detroit-Based Electives
- Earning the Urban Studies Minor
- Office Hours
- SiD in COVID - Fall 2020 Semester in Detroit
The fall program is open to students from UM-Ann Arbor, UM-Dearborn, and Grand Valley State University. As described above, the official start date for fall 2020 is TBD due to U of M beginning classes before Labor Day. That said, you can anticipate the program beginning around the last week of August and ending in mid-December. The rhythm and pacing are much steadier compared to the spring program: students are in classes for 8-11 hours per week (fall students can choose between one or both SiD electives) and intern for 16 hours per week. UM-Ann Arbor students who complete the fall program need to take only one additional required course to earn a Minor in Urban Studies.
- Earn up to 18 credits toward your UM Degree
- Intern with a community-based organization for 200 hours (avg. 16 hours per week)
- Nearly complete your Minor in Urban Studies in one semester (just one more required class in Ann Arbor)
- Absorb and engage with your experience more deeply through fall's more deliberate class schedule than spring/summer (classes meet only once a week)
- Participate in a diverse multi-campus cohort with students from UM-Ann Arbor, UM-Dearborn, and Grand Valley State University
Additionally, fall semester now features an arts and culture activities fund thanks to a generous donor. This fund, unique to the fall semester, enables students to go to ticketed events throughout the semester. Events in the past have included broadway plays, concerts, and more - all paid for by the arts & culture fund!