Fall 2023 program dates (8/27/23 - 12/15/23)
Priority Deadline - March 6, 2023
Final Deadline - March 30, 2023
The Fall program is open to students from UM-Ann Arbor, UM-Dearborn, UM-Flint, and Grand Valley State University. Our 2023 program begins on August 27th and ends on December 15th. The rhythm and pacing are much steadier compared to the Spring program: students are in classes for 8-11 hours per week (fall students can choose between one or both SiD electives) and intern for 16 hours per week. UM-Ann Arbor students who complete the fall program need to take only one additional required course to earn a Minor in Urban Studies.
Click here to watch a 15-minute general info session about the fall 2022 program!
- Earn up to 18 credits toward your UM Degree
- Intern with a community-based organization for 200 hours (avg. 16 hours per week)
- Nearly complete your Minor in Urban Studies in one semester (just one more required class in Ann Arbor)
- Absorb and engage with your experience more deeply through fall's more deliberate class schedule than spring/summer (classes meet only once a week)
- Participate in a diverse multi-campus cohort with students from UM-Ann Arbor, UM-Dearborn, and Grand Valley State University
Additionally, fall semester now features an arts and culture activities fund thanks to a generous donor. This fund, unique to the fall semester, enables students to go to ticketed events throughout the semester. Events in the past have included broadway plays, concerts, and more - all paid for by the arts & culture fund!