- Winter 2019: Whose Safety? Policing Minds, Bodies, and Borders in Detroit
- Fall 2018 Workshop Series: Healing Justice as Building Cultural Resilience
- Winter 2018: From "Two Societies to a New Society"
- Fall 2017: Reclaiming the Commons
- Summer 2017: Beyond '67 - The City-Wide Citizen's Action Committee
- Winter 2017: Toward Education Justice
- Detroiters Speak Archive
A Collaborative Community Classroom Organized by UM + WSU
For over four years, Semester in Detroit has organized community classroom events that are free and open to the public. In recent years, SiD has collaborated with Wayne State University's Department of African Studies and the Detroit Equity Action Lab to bring Detroit community members, U-M + WSU students, faculty and staff together to learn more about Detroit's past and present. Format varies from traditional panels to poetry readings to trips to jazz and cultural clubs throughout Detroit. Previous topics of discussion have focused on Education Reform to the Contemporary Labor Movement to implementing the Detroit Future City Framework. Always dynamic and sometimes quite hot! This is a community classroom - everyone is welcome!