- Winter 2022: Making Labor Work - Organizing for Power in the 21st Century
- Winter 2021: Pandemic Politics - From Lockdown to Liberation (Virtual)
- Fall 2020 with General Baker Institute: Policing Black Power - From Watts to Detroit (Virtual)
- Fall 2020: Healing Justice (Virtual)
- Winter 2020: Detroit 2020 - People, Power, & Politics
- Fall 2019: Healing Justice Workshop Series
- Winter 2019: Whose Safety? Policing Minds, Bodies, and Borders in Detroit
- Fall 2018 Workshop Series: Healing Justice as Building Cultural Resilience
- Winter 2018: From "Two Societies" to a New Society
- Fall 2017: Reclaiming the Commons
- Summer 2017: Beyond '67 - The City-Wide Citizen's Action Committee
- Winter 2017: Toward Education Justice
- Detroiters Speak Archive
Join us for our Winter 2019 Detroiters Speak series: Whose Safety? Policing Minds, Bodies, and Borders in Detroit.
Each week will feature different Detroit-based speakers and guests who will explore the given topic and engage the students through a combination of formal remarks, presentations, and public discussion.
Light dinner provided; free transportation from Ann Arbor to Detroit; public welcome and encouraged to attend.
Free Parking provided in WSU lot 62.
Dates: Feb 7, 14, 21,28; March 21, 28; April 4, 11
Location: Cass Corridor Commons, 4605 Cass Ave.
Sponsors: Semester in Detroit, Detroit Equity Action Lab/Damon Keith Center for Civil Rights, University of Michigan Detroit Center, & Wayne State University Department of African American Studies.
Need transportation from Ann Arbor? Please fill out this form indicating which sessions you need transportation for. The bus will depart from the Central Campus Transit Center at 5:45pm and return to the CCTC by around 10pm. All students who are registered for the class are guaranteed a spot on the bus and do not need to fill out this form.
*Please note: you are not guaranteed a seat on the bus until we have confirmed with you over email. Many seats are reserved for students who have registered for the course.*
**NEWLY ADDED AS OF 3/6/2019***
Join Detroiters Speak on one of our off-weeks for a Know Your Rights training with the National Lawyers Guild on Thursday, March 14th from 7pm-9pm at the Cass Corridor Commons. More information and registration here.