The mission of the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences is to create a supportive and accessible environment for education and scientific discovery about Earth and Environmental Sciences.
We are committed to:
- Building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all members of the department
- Recruiting students from a diversity of backgrounds to our undergraduate and graduate programs
- Providing career training to the next generation of Earth and environmental scientists
- Engaging our community and cultivating and igniting the scientific curiosity of young people.
- Zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, harassment, racism, or sexism
- These efforts are part of College and University-wide missions to enhance the belonging, accessibility, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in academia.