To support the University of Michigan's efforts to help minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all meetings with our advisors will be virtual or via telephone until the university returns to regular operation. When you schedule your appointment through the link below, please specify a preferred format for your meeting. If you are unable to be available at your appointment time, please cancel your appointment as using the same system.
The faculty advisors for Earth and Environmental Sciences undergraduates are Professor Yihe Huang, Professor Kacey Lohmann, Professor Selena Smith, Professor Ben van der Pluijm, Professor Jeff Wilson Mantilla, and Professor Rose Cory, Associate Chair for Curriculum.
Students are encouraged to work with the same advisor throughout their career. New advising appointments can be set up with any of these advisors. Their subdisciplines are listed below. Students interested in any of these subdisciplines are strongly encouraged to meet with that specific advisor.
- Prof. Rose Cory, 1018 Noth University Building (environmental biogeochemistry, geochemistry, climate change, geobiology)
- Prof. Yihe Huang, 4534F North University Building (seismology, geophysics, earthquakes)
- Prof. Kacey Lohmann, 1014 North University Building (geochemistry, geology, sedimentology)
- Prof. Selena Smith, 3508 North University Building (paleontology, environmental science, paleobotany)
- Prof. Ben van der Pluijm, 4534B North University Building (structural geology, tectonics, human resilience, hazards)
- Prof. Jeff Wilson Mantilla, 3118 Biological Sciences Building (paleontology)
- Dr. Jefferson Yarce (geophysics, seismology, tectonics, and natural hazards)
Students with transfer issues or seeking information on study abroad should contact Professor Rose Cory.