The Comprehensive Studies Program (CSP) focuses on the academic success of all its students. We are a community of scholars that comes together in a supportive context to engage students’ intellectual curiosity as they move toward their destiny. CSP works to increase retention and promote academic excellence among students within the learning community. This is accomplished through a system that offers orientation to the University community, personalized advising and counseling, mentoring, instruction, and academic support.
Your application to join this Michigan Learning Community is very important to us. By affiliating, you will become a part of the CSP community. All scholars of CSP are expected to actively engage in its services and resources offered to community members. All affiliates are required to take a membership course (CSP 101 Comprehensive Studies Program: Exploring Academic Success, 1 credit) within the first semester of affiliation. Each student is assigned a CSP advisor and is expected to meet with that advisor as recommended.
Steps for CSP Affiliation:
- Attend an information session. (Sign-up below.)
- After attending an information session, you will be emailed a link to the affiliation application.
- Once processed, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor. You must schedule this appointment within 2 weeks.
Note: Affiliation will not be fully processed until after the completion of the advising appointment.
Affiliate Information Sessions - Winter 2021
- Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:00PM
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 4:00PM
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 4:00PM
We will be offering three information sessions for affiliates this winter. If you are interested in affiliating, please sign up for one of the sessions using the form linked below.
If you are trying to register for a CSP course section, please refer to our CSP Course Registration Policies here.