Cost of Attendance
All Summer Bridge scholars will enroll in 6 credits during the summer half-term. The estimated cost of attendance for the 2023 summer half-term for a full time student (6 - 9 credits) is $8,389 for a Michigan resident and $18,034 for a non-Michigan resident. These estimates include the cost of tuition and mandatory fees, housing and meals, books and supplies, and other personal and miscellaneous expenses.
Please note that the Comprehensive Studies Program does not determine the cost of attendance. These decisions are made by the university.
There may be a number of options available to cover the cost of your education. To apply for financial aid, complete the following by March 31 to be considered for all aid programs:
- 2022-23 FAFSA (U-M code: 002325)
- 2023-24 FAFSA (U-M code: 002325)
- CSS Profile (U-M code: 1839)
We encourage you to visit the Office of Financial Aid website to learn more about how to apply for aid.
Scholarships are available to reduce or eliminate student loans and help cover educational expenses for the 2023 summer term. Complete the following as soon as possible to see if you qualify.
- Apply for financial aid by completing the 2022-23 FAFSA, 2023-24 FAFSA, and CSS Profile (see above for more information). You must apply for financial aid to be reviewed for LSA scholarships.
- 2023 Summer Bridge Scholars Program Scholarship. While housed on the LSA scholarships website, ALL incoming Bridge scholars are eligible to apply, not just those admitted to LSA.
Scholars admitted to LSA are also encouraged to apply for the Four-Year Renewable Scholarship!
For assistance with financial aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid Outreach Team:
For assistance with the Summer Bridge Scholars Program Scholarship or LSA scholarships, please contact the LSA Scholarships Office: