If you transferred to U-M from a college or university outside the U-M system, you can apply for a CGIS program using your transfer GPA but must provide CGIS with a U-M transcript from your first semester at UM and must meet all other program requirements.

Students must have completed at least 9 credits at UM-Ann Arbor before departing for the program, and must be in good academic standing. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal from the program and financial penalties. Please note that students applying to Exchange or Visiting programs are additionally subject to the transcript requirements of those abroad institutions. If a UM transcript or a semester at UM-Ann Arbor is required at the time of application, students who do not meet these requirements will not be able to apply to those specific Exchange or Visiting programs.