Peer advisors serve as a support role for all functions of the CGIS office. This position includes clerical and project work in the CGIS office as well as serving in an outreach capacity to students throughout the University of Michigan. The CGIS team works with student staff to strengthen both new and practiced skills through a variety of passion projects and work. Previous study abroad/international experience is preferred. Work-study students are eligible to apply.
Looking for Summer or Fall 2023 start date!
- Provide initial advising to prospective study abroad students
- Answer phone and email inquiries from students, parents, partners, and faculty
- Support advisors by assembling files, making photocopies, entering data, etc.
- Assist with and present CGIS pre-departure orientations and other CGIS outreach events
- Staff the reception desk periodically
- Collaborate with Communication Specialist to develop marketing-related content and social media efforts
- Work on individual projects based on interests (i.e. social media, website content, data collection)
- Assist staff with additional tasks as needed
- Special projects as assigned
More responsibilities in the link below!
- Previous participation in a CGIS program (including Winter 2023 abroad)
- Graduating no earlier than Fall 2024
- Experience with public speaking & related equipment/technology
- Experience with social media platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse groups
- Strong communication & customer services skills
- Adept at handling multiple assignments with varied deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible, positive, & organized
- Ability to take initiative & maintain student confidentiality
More details available on application page (use "Click here to apply" button to view).
Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.