- Explore CGIS Programs
- Getting Started
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Health and Safety
- Identities Abroad
- Preparing to travel
- For your family
- Incoming Exchange Students
- The CGIS Blog
University of Michigan and CGIS policies exist primarily for the protection and safety of students. As a CGIS global study program participant, you are subject to UM rules and regulations as well as to those of the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA), any other home school or college in which you are studying, and CGIS. We expect all participants to read, understand, and adhere to UM and CGIS policies, guidelines, and contractual documents.
To participate in a CGIS program, you must:
- be in good academic standing, not on academic probation nor suspended from UM,
- maintain the minimum required GPA until your program start date,
- fulfill program language requirements (for programs with a language prerequisite),
- and meet all other conditions set by CGIS, including registration for study abroad.
If you do not meet these requirements, you will be dismissed from your CGIS program.
Read very carefully all of the policies listed on the submenu to the left before signing the Participation Agreement for International Travel Experience on M-Compass. By signing this form, you agree to accept responsibility for all fees, conform to standards of conduct, have UM Travel Abroad health insurance, comply with any request for medical clearance, and so on.