Faculty Proposals are currently not being accepted!
Congratulations on taking the next step to propose a program through CGIS! We know that your schedules are packed with classes, office hours, independent research, and so much more, so in order to make sure this process is as easy as possible, please read the following requirements before downloading the proposal application.
Proposing for GCCs
PROPOSALS ARE NOT BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME
Global Course Connections (GCC) programs are 3-4 week-long extensions of courses taught on campus during winter term.
- Faculty may propose GCCs from any academic discipline.
- Faculty who teach GCCs deliver original academic content that bridges classroom and experiential learning.
- This is a great option for faculty to teach special topics abroad that can provide students enriching academic learning opportunities while also creating engaging global experiences.
- Selected proposals will receive a minimum grant of $10,000 to help support program costs. Depending on program length and location, programs might qualify for additional funding.
If your proposal is accepted, CGIS provides support on various fronts such as making logistical arrangements (housing, classroom rental, excursions), helps coordinate responses to medical situations, and so much more! Deadline to apply is April 15th, 2021 @ 11:59pm.
How do I apply?
The CGIS Faculty Proposal Application has now moved to Qualtrics, which you can find the link below. There are 9 sections to this proposal submission that you are required to complete. Each section contains various questions regarding your proposed program as well as downloading, signing, and submitting two documents.
- General Information
- Co-leader General Information (If applicable)
- GCC Proposal Information
- Faculty Leader Site Experience
- GCC On-Campus Course
- Off-campus / On-campus connection
- Departmental Approval Form (Requires Department Chair/Administrator Signatures)
- Program leader Agreement Form (Requires Faculty Signature)
- Document Submission
- Due to the limitations of Qualtrics, it might be more helpful to answer the survey questions on a separate Google doc and paste in your answers after.
- The survey automatically saves so don't panic if you don't see a save button! You can close the link and come back to it as you see fit.
- If you require technical help, please email CGIS Communications Specialist, Stephen Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org)